CROWD FUND A NEW BUSINESS OR ONE YOU ALREADY OWN! Send this link to your family and friends– Tag them so they know what you want for christmas *** A NEW BUSINESS ***
You can gift your special someone with a new business! Why not purchase a gift certificate for that special someone who is interested in starting their own business but cannot find the all the funds to do so? Help them out! You can get family members involved– start up your own crowd funding!
1. SELECTING TOO MANY DARK COLORS- I go back to my photography composition and rule of thirds skills on this one. It’s important to create balance, a good balance of light and dark.
2. NEGLECTING TO TEST YOUR COLORS BEFORE YOU SWIRL THEM- This is one is important because if you know what the outcome is going to be then designing the outcome will be easier. Swirling a batch of soap is not a good time to find out your beautiful blue turned pink on you.
3. IGNORING YOUR SCENT COLOR FAMILY- All scents smell like a color. If for example you make an ocean/air/ozone soap—you immediately think blue. Now is not the time to make it a pretty dark brown color with a gold swirl. It will throw your customers off. People gravitate toward color and the ones that like blue scents may not like brown which may signify sweet. (which would be the brown/gold swirl one)
4. USING A FRAGRANCE THAT IS NOT CLEAR TO START WITH- The color of your fragrance or essential oil could change the colors you are expecting. For example, if you use a fragrance that was a dark yellow and you are adding a pretty blue color, you may end up with a green version of it instead of the pretty blue you started with. If the fragrance contains vanilla it will darken over time no matter how much white you apply.
5. FORGETTING ABOUT THE IMPORTANCE OF CONTRAST- You need a good color wheel to find that magical opposite color. Opposites attract and stand out—good ones anyway. To purchase a good color wheel see more here: COLOR WHEEL
Hope this helps a little, we will be posting more tips and tricks for using color very soon— stay tuned!
I’m getting ready for one of my biggest selling seasons yet! Or at least I hope so. This year I am giving my booth a boost! Sharing my love for photography and soap, I printed my photos on large glossy posters that I will display as my back drop for my booth at the Mistletoe Market on November 16 & 17, 2014.
I found a custom poster retailer online http://www.shortrunposters.com that printed these babies up for me!
They did a fabulous job and I wanted to share it with you.
Upload your photographs onto their online page, choose what features you want and they ship them out to you. To have a poster printed that is an 18″ x 24″ you will need to be sure your uploaded photo is at least 2700 x 3600 in size. Their handy uploader guide will tell you if your photo is not at the best resolution and let you view it before you purchase.
I hope you will find them helpful as well! I can personally say they were very professional when I called to ask questions.
EVERYTHING else was EASY!!
This is a perfect way to use the mica glycerin swirl. It has a beachy look about it. If you want to learn more about this kind of swirl sign up for the next Advanced Soapmaking Design in the studio!
I am so honored to have graced the cover of the Saponifier Magazine and to be included with so many talented soapmaking leaders in the July/Aug 2013 Issue—Amanda Griffin, Celine Blacow, Kendra Cote and Cathy McGinnis!
This method is achieved by using the Tall Narrow Soapmaking Mold which can be purchased on mossycreeksoap.com. Please enjoy some photos on this method- if you would like step by step directions, please subscribe to the Saponifier Magazine which can be found here: http://saponifier.com/
If you would like to purchase this soap called Epicurious you can do so right here.
Or if you would to learn how to create fabulous looking soap with color and swirls you can always sign up for a class or private lesson with us!
Soapmaking Classes in the Mossy Creek Soap Studio located in Perry Georgia.
How about a little Wedding History!
Let us make your wedding special with our handmade soap wedding favors: http://www.mossycreeksoap.com/wedding-baby-shower/