We working on creating a new line of video tutorials just for you.. This video we are discussing using Silk, Cambrian Blue Clay and Indigo Powder to create a beautiful blue colored soap.
As you sit down to enjoy your holiday today, we at Mossy Creek Soap would like to say THANK YOU for being our customer. Thanksgiving is a truly American Holiday with food, fun and FOOTBALL. There is a lot more to the Holiday than you might know.
Here’s a few historical facts about Thanksgiving,
- The first Thanksgiving was a 3 day harvest feast in the Plymouth colony in 1621
- It was attended by 53 Colonists and 90 Wampanoag
- The feast featured Turkey, Corn, Pheasant, Deer, Shellfish and Pumpkin.
- The original holiday was most liking during the early fall in September or October during harvest time instead of late November.
- There is some speculation about whether the Wampanoag Indians were actually invited, it is said to believe the Wampanoag Indians thought they were being attack and crashed the celebration.
- The actual holiday was not celebrated until 1827 when a writer Sarah Josepha Hale (Mother of Thanksgiving); rallied support for a Holiday.
- It was originally reserved for a day of prayer and fasting
- Before 1827, it had to be declared every year by the president and it was Thomas Jefferson who refused to declare it a holiday because he strongly believed in separation of church and state.
- Finally in 1863, Abraham Lincoln proclaimed Thanksgiving a Federal Holiday for the 4th Thursday of November.
As you sit down to enjoy your own feast; remember and be thankful for the reasons behind it. We are thankful for you and sincerely want you to enjoy your day today.
ENJOY YOUR DAY!
Every year about this time I look for new ideas to make my display table look better. To keep it fresh I take look at new trends and color schemes. Since my brand is earthy crunchy I tend to look for items that will add color and stay within my brand. In the process I found these really cool sites below that could help you too! Check them out.
GREAT LINKS for a SUCCESSFUL CRAFT SHOW
- CraftShow Report- Behind the Scenes- BOOTH LAYOUT
- The 5 Elements of Seductive Craft Fair Booth Displays
- Tips for a CRAFT SHOW Display
- Craft Maker Pro Tips
- Tips for Vendors to Evaluate a Craft Show
Keep it FRESH and CLEAN!! Good luck everybody, I hope you have a very profitable season.
Check out our Pinterest Board Below to help you get some cool ideas!
We want welcome Kelli Buchanan to our studio family!
She has been married for 21 years, a mother of four daughters, she loves animals and people. She enjoys spending her time volunteering in the community wherever she can be of help and exploring her creative spirit with gardening, scrapbooking and sewing/quilting.
Her four daughters keep her on her toes through sports such as volleyball, soccer and basketball.
Born in Texas and grew up in Louisiana and Tennessee. She moved to Georgia along with her family and husband after he was relocated to the area.
She is motivated by her husband and her children. She says; “It is through laughter, faith and perseverance that I accomplish my daily “to-do” list”.
Before she got busy with the her day in the studio, she took a break to share a little bit about herself.
Michelle- What is your personal type of scent? (Fresh, Floral, Fruity, Spicy, Air or Oriental)
Kelli- I love a combination of Oriental and Spicy.
Michelle- What is your favorite botanical or flower?
Kelli- My favorite botanical is lavender and flower is a rose.
Michelle- What do you think is the most important essential oil to own and why?
Kelli- Lavender is so wonderful for calming and relaxing. Its fragrance instantly settles me. I use it daily in so many ways.
Michelle- What one cosmetic product you cannot go without?
Kelli- Mascara….and love Lavender in my mascara.
Michelle- As new soap maker what do find as the most exciting part of making soap?
Kelli- The process of blending oils with botanicals and fragrance to create this beautiful, aromatic masterpiece.
Michelle- If someone were interested in making soap for the first time, what advice would you give them?
Kelli- Read directions thoroughly and safety first. Be creative with color, blends and packaging.
Michelle- What’s a famous favorite quote of yours?
Since she started over a month ago, she has been an invaluable asset to our growing company. She truly is a breath of fresh air and someone who you will enjoy as well. Stop by, introduce yourselves and I am sure you will agree with me when I say she make you feel special with her warm and generous spirit!